Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DAY # 2 Paint Bucket Candy Grams for the kids Teachers

It's been cold and rainy here all day....most would say "Yucky weather"....not me  :)  I LOVE cold rainy weather, it's my favorite.  I get so much cleaning, baking, crafting, and reading done when the weather is like this.  Today i finished up the Christmas presents for Preslie and Paxton's teachers.  After lots of searching on Pinterest i finally came across something that caught my eye.  It was a candy gram with a cute little note that was done in a clear paint bucket instead of on a poster board.

As always, i changed up the orginal idea just a bit.  I glammed them up a bit with some cute scrapbook paper and lots of pretty ribbon.  I also altered the little note/poem to include a few extra kinds of candy.  Here was the original idea and the link to the pin:

I SKORed big when I got you for a teacher. Don't SNICKER, but I think you're great! You are MOUNDS of fun and you have brought me so much JOY. I think you ROCK. (pop rocks) Thanks BEARY much (gummy bears) for always being so JOLLY (jolly ranchers) and for helping me become such a SMARTIE. Teachers like you are worth a MINT. (york peppermint patty) I'd be a NERD if I didn't thank you for helping me put the PIECES (reeses pieces) of the knowledge puzzle together. You are Might Magnificent. (m&ms;) Thanks for a great year!
http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780718802374/


So cute right?!  So here is my version....




Overall it was a pretty easy project.  A little time consuming, especially after i had to chase down all the different kinds of candy (you might check the availability of each candy in your area, i had to go to 5 different stores before i finally found the Now & Laters and the Take5 candies at a hole in the wall gas station).  Also ended up being a little more expensive than i anticipated.  Each bucket cost $6 and each candy cost roughly $1 so it all added up.  In the end, i'm very happy with the finished product  :)

???Pinterest Win / Pinterest Fail  ???

I would say WIN!

2 comments: